Monday 14 October 2013

Dress for your body shape...

As a small girl Height 5"1,5 and Weight 46 Kg. I have many problems when it comes to finding clothes for my body shape. The main problem being boobs. Everyone thinks: boobs are great! Well that's not exactly the case. I am a very petite girl, but my boobs are not, hence the problem finding clothes to suit me. The problem is that companies make clothes for IDEALS rather than REAL body shapes, and so we are left with the problem of having to settle.

If like me you refuse to buy something that is really appealing rather than just buying because "it'll do" then you'll have the problem of having a few select items in your wardrobe due to lack of availability. For girls, it's a nightmare!

All body shapes are beautiful and we should learn to embrace our curves and accept ourselves for who we are. However, this is extremely difficult with the unrealistic image of the "IDEAL" that exists in society today.
We are no longer able to wear what we want, but instead what has been previously selected for us by fashion designers, taking away  our ability to express ourselves by the clothes we wear.

Until recently I hated my body. I felt so disproportionate. And felt like bursting into tears because I simply couldn't find a nice top that would fit around my waist without making my boobs bulge, or one that would swamp me and completely hide my figure. After all what the point in having curves if you can flaunt them?

My biggest problem was that the particular style I love is made for more flat chested girl than I, and so I was forced to settle, so I never felt happy in what I wore.

Shopping became too time consuming and what was once a hobby was becoming a chore. I was getting frustrated and annoyed that nothing would suit.

If like me; you too have had this problem. You have my sympathy. But as I know how aggravating it can be, I would like to share some tips for dressing for your body shape...

If like me you have an HOURGLASS shape with large breasts, then you need to wear clothes that accentuate your curves. wear clothes that pull in at the waist, wear belts around your waistand always wear a good fitting bra. Skinny jeans are great. Shirts with a vest underneath and a belt to pull in look fantastic and bandage style skirts are also great!

If you are STRAIGHT up and down, then you should wear clothes that give the illusion of curves. A skatet skirt or dress with do the tricks. Loose fitting tops and blouses will do the trick of making your shape appear more feminine. Skinny jeans with a floaty blouse and blazer is a great combination for girls with this figure.

If you have an Apple shape, wear long tops with a belt around the waist to create the illusion of curves and also to accentuate your assets. Long dresses always look great on this figure and team with a cropped jacket will always make you feel sassy and feminine.

If you are PEAR shaped, wear strapless tops and dresses to show off your petite top half. Wear clothes that flare from the waist down. Pop a slim belt across your smallest part. Wear shoulder parts to broaden shoulders and balance your waist to shoulder ratio.Wear dark colours on your bottom half to minimise wise hips. Invest in a good bra. A padded bra will add on a little if your having outfit trouble.

I hope that this article has helped you in some way or another when it comes to finding clothes for your body shape. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and i'll answer as best I can!

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment