Sunday 29 September 2013

ME Makeup...

Okay, so I recently stumbled across the Makeover Essentials range and I have to say I was rather impressed. For those on you on a budget it a little expensive, but if you're en route to a fully fitting makeup bag, then I would definitely recommend investing! Firstly the Shimmering Glow Eye Colour Kit: It's a little expensive for a few eye shadows, but the colours are vibrant and it is handy as an on the go makeover kit complete with compact mirror. Overall this kit is good, but if you prefer a smokey eye: It's not for you. The colours should be worn individually unless you are trying to acquire the bold looks of the catwalk. The set comes complete with two double sided applicators, however if like me you prefer to use a brush then perhaps it's best that you don't buy this set and opt for another. The quality of eye shadow is great! It's long lasting and stays on really well. Being a compressed powder I would not normally expect as good a result as a loose one , but I have to say: this set really did the trick! I would give this set an 8/10 because all the quality is there: the colours can be awkward and the price is perhaps a little steep.
Now the "Ultimate Beauty Kit" I really enjoyed this product! It contains a wide range of eye shadow shades, and is perfect for experimenting or creating a smokey eye look. I found that working every third colour together was a winner for creating many beautiful combinations, and I had fun finding out what worked and what didn't. For me the set is fantastic, but it is quite expensive and maybe not in price range for those on a budget, and if i'm completely honest, I would have preferred to have spent my money on something else. However one thing I particularly loved about this product were the three palettes of blush and bronzer. I loved the peachy red shade which I had searched endlessly for beforehand. If you're a pale red head like me you'll see that it really compliments your skin tone! The other two shades are also great! This aspect of the sets, I found perfect. The lip colours however were really disappointing. The volumes of them were very little and also the shades were lovely, they didn't stay. This I didn't like at all. I would grade this set an overall 6/10. +Makeover Essentials
Finally the "Shimmer Powder Brush" in bronze. I have to say I was really disappointed with this item. When i opened it, it seemed very unprofessional. The plastic cover of the brush would move up and down at free will and the feel of the brush was quite rough and very far from luxury. The product itself was very dark and unnatural looking. Although it is nice to be a shimmery bronze at times this product was just too much and too little all the same. I would rate this product and overall 4/10.

Thank you for reading this. If you have any questions on comments please leave them below! Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment